Call for papers : special volume on Energy and Climate Policy Modeling
Call for Papers/Appel à soumission d’articles
The Annals of Operations Research seeks submissions for a special volume on Energy and Climate Policy Modeling.
The deadline for submission is December 31, 2014.
Climate change is one of the biggest medium to long term risks to global development, and is predicted to severely affect such sectors as the ecosystem, agriculture, industry, commerce, personal residences, and transportation, across both developing and developed countries. Modeling the economical affects of energy and climate change and the application of model based simulation, evaluation, analysis, and design in energy and climate policy and strategy have seen tremendous growth during the last decade and the increase continues. The primary aim of this special volume is to promote and broaden understanding of the roles and applications of various ways to model energy economics and climate change economics to improve the usefulness of energy and climate policy models in policy design and public decision making.
The main topics of interest are :
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies and policies modeling
- Economic modeling of climate change and effects of climate change mitigation
- Energy economic system modeling and energy policy modeling
- Energy efficiency and energy conservation modeling
- Carbon emission and pollutant emission reduction modeling
- Energy supply and demand and economic growth modeling
- Energy financial and energy markets modeling
- Low carbon development and non-fossil fuel and renewable development modeling
- Energy security and energy poverty policy modeling
Instructions for authors can be found at:
Authors should submit a cover letter and a manuscript by December 31, 2014, via the journal’s online submission site. Manuscripts submitted after the deadline may not be considered for the special volume and may be transferred to a regular volume. Please see the Author Instructions on the web site if you have not yet submitted a paper through Springer’s web-based system, Editorial Manager. Be sure to note when leaving a comment that your work is intended for the special volume and to select the article type “SI: Energy and Climate Policy Modeling”. Submitted papers should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Manuscripts will be refereed according to the high standard of the Annals of Operations Research and accepted papers will be published online individually, before print publication.