European climate and clean energy law and policy
European climate and clean energy law and policy / Leonardo Massai. Routledge, Sept. 2011, 242 p.
Description (copyright © Routledge) :
The participation of the European Union and the Member States in international climate change policy is a complex issue. This book provides a clear guide to the subject which will help students and professionals alike to interpret and easily navigate to the information they require. It does so by explaining the foundations of European climate and clean energy law and policy, and the position of the European Union in the international climate dialogue. It then goes on to provide a unique commented overview of legislation and policy adopted in Europe since the early 1990s.
Key topics covered include, amongst others:
- EU Emissions Trading Scheme and the Linking directive
- greenhouse gas emissions monitoring and reporting
- electricity from renewable energy sources
- energy efficiency
- land, marine and air transport
- fluorinated and other gases
- carbon capture and storage
- post-2012 phase
- impacts and adaptation
- climate change litigation